Minutes of June meeting
Posted on June 27th, 2018
MARLOW & DISTRICT CHAMBER OF TRADE & COMMERCE
MINUTES OF BUSINESS MEETING HELD AT
DANESFIELD HOUSE HOTEL & SPA
MONDAY 18TH JUNE 2018 – 6PM
1. Welcome by Mrs. Aimee Smith (President) who thanked Anthony Cox for the kind hospitality once again offered by Danesfield House Hotel.
2. Minutes of last meeting – signed as true record.
3. Update on Chamber Matters – by The President
- Breakfast meeting – the President gave brief details of the inspirational talk given by Greg Whyte OBE at the Marlow Rowing Club on 11th June in conjunction with “Love Marlow”. Thanks to Greg and also for the excellent breakfast provided by Laura at the Rowing Club.
- New member – Cartmell & Co. Solicitors – AGREED.
4. Presentation by Lesley James – Simplified Money.
- Lesley gave a visual presentation of how just £100 can be spent either by allowing you to do something you have always wanted to do, e.g. learn a musical instrument thereby improving your life or investing in something that interests you. Obviously larger sums of money can be invested in line with your own business. She gave several suggestions but emphasised that one of the best ways of investing in your business is to say “thank you” to your existing customers and make them feel part of something. For help and advice contact Lesley on firstname.lastname@example.org
5. Members News Offers and Events
- Golf networking – Tony Thornby reminded everyone that places were still available for the golf networking which takes place on Friday. For further details contact Tony at
- Adviza – Sarah Peace gave details of the grant that had now been extended until March next year, for training purposes. The President encouraged everyone to speak to Sarah about this as Celebrations Party Shop had found it very useful. Contact Sarah at Sarah Peace email@example.com
- Work experience – Sarah Peace was desperately looking for work placements and asked anyone willing to take on GMS students in the beginning of July to contact her urgently. Contact details as above.
- Mulady Solutions – Annie Mulady reminded everyone of the offer of a 3 hour workshop to inspire staff and encourage excellent customer service. Contact Annie at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Yellow lines – Cllr. Collingwood gave details of schemes that were to be detailed shortly which would create a better flow of traffic around congestion areas in Marlow. He requested feedback from members when the scheme is announced.
- A404 – Martin Spittle gave brief details of the forthcoming closure of the Volvo footbridge from 3 – 6th August and again 12- 15th October 9pm – 5am. Concern was raised over the diversions that are suggested via Henley and Bourne End. Cllr. Collingwood was looking into the upheaval that would be caused and possible problems for local businesses.
There being no further business the meeting closed at 6.30pm to allow for networking and the hospitality of Danesfield House who also provided a screen for the first world Cup England match
Date of next meeting – Monday 16th July 6pm – Crowne Plaza HotelPrevious post in category ·